Crescent supports a wide range of drilling projects with comprehensive service packages for the industry’s toughest directional applications. We are the leader in this market and financially positioned to continue its growth and success well into the future.
We Make a Difference at Every Level
Experience on the pad means confidence in decision making. Having a team of seasoned professionals with a strong track record working together only adds a deeper level of precision to the equation. For us, making a difference on a directional drilling rig starts with the same team of experts performing under pressure, time and time again.
Crescent provides a Total Rewards packages that includes a competitive salary, benefits, 401K, bonus, and training & development.
We want you to join our team!
Qualified applicants only — please review the criteria for each position carefully before submitting your resume. Applications not meeting our criteria will not be considered.
Please email all resumes to email@example.com
The Directional Drilling Coordinator supervises the directional drilling field operations for Crescent Directional.
- Supervises daily directional drilling field operations
- Makes recommendations for Well profiles/BHA design/Operating procedures
- Orders and manages equipment and personnel for customer projects
- Supports field personnel with recommendations for directional drilling operations
- Is the primary contact with customers with regards to Directional/MWD operations
- Manages the hiring of prospective field personnel
- Makes sure field reporting and revenue are captured correctly
- Provides technical support for Sales
- Promotes drilling optimization for perspective and customers
- Stays up to date on current and future technologies with directional drilling and MWD equipment
- Provides technical support for troubleshooting field operations.
- May conduct various aspects of performance management such as performance appraisal or counseling of employees
- Understands and promotes Crescent’s culture, quality and safety objectives
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum of 5 years directional drilling experience and good communication skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good knowledge of MWD and Directional Drilling equipment required.
- Negotiating skills, business financial training, management training a plus
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills which would include standard office platforms Excel/Word/Powerpoint
Travel Requirements: Frequent travel may be required and 24 hour call
The Directional Driller is involved in the planning, execution and management of all phases of any directional drilling job to assist in delivering services that meet or exceed client expectation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise directional drilling operations on the rig site;
- Responsible for rig reporting procedures
- Generate concise reports on a Daily/weekly basis;
- Assist and advise directional drilling trainees
- Excellent communication, organization, troubleshooting and teamwork skills
- Must be available to be on-call 24x7 and will be required to work away from home location for long periods of time.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Driller or Assistant Driller experience and/or MWD experience;
- Thorough knowledge of Drilling Systems products and services;
- Excellent communication, organization, troubleshooting and teamwork skills. Positive attitude and a high degree of self-discipline and motivation;
- 2- or 3-year associate degree from technical college, or bachelor's degree in engineering or applied science preferred
- Represent the company as an effective communicator to both our offices and our clients regarding MWD activities
- Setting up and operating MWD tools and surface equipment (including depth-tracking equipment for logging) in a safe, accurate and timely manner
- Rig-site troubleshooting of all MWD equipment
- Remaining on call 24/7 for callout jobs and field support
- Minimum of 3 years MWD experience
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies
- Above average computer skills
- Engineering, Science, Geology or other technical degree preferred
- Willingness to work in remote locations for extended periods of time
- Reliable transportation to travel long distances
- Mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs